Mark Jurus – RockinWalls
Business Tag Line:
Specializing in the Craft of Dry Laid Stone Construction! Certified: DSWA Instructor, Level 1 DSC/Dry Stone Conservancy USA. Level 2 DSWA/Dry Stone Walling Association UK. BFA Visual Communication Graphic Design MICA/Maryland Institute College of Art
Typical Project Size:
$2000 – $250,000 +
Specializing in Dry Laid Stone Construction. Certified: DSWA Instructor, Level 1 DSC / Dry Stone Conservancy USA. Level 2 DSWA / Dry Stone Walling Association of Great Britain. BFA Visual Communication Graphic Design MICA/Maryland Institute College of Art.
With every wall I build, I bring my skill as a craftsman and my eye as an artist to create walls that are structurally sound, durable and visually appealing. I strive to instill this same dedication in my students at my training center.
I began in the trade in 2007. I’ve tested extensively in Vermont and in Kentucky on historic stone fences both with the DSWA (UK) and DSC (USA). I’ve trained and worked with certified master stonemasons from Scotland, Ireland, England, Canada and the USA.
Benefits of dry laid stone:
• Flexible system
• Free Draining
• Structural Durability that last centuries
• Natural stone can be recycled or easily repaired therefore making it a GREEN building material.
. blog . web . www.Rockinwalls.com
. facebook . www.facebook.com/RockinWalls
. workshops . www.RockinWalls.com/Workshops.htm
. industry . blog . web . www.DryStoneResource.com
. youTube Channel . https://www.youtube.com/user/MarkJurus
• Stone Sales / Boulders – Field stone – Bulk stone
• Excavating / Grading
• Hauling Local – up to 5 tons w/ Side dump availability for tight areas
• Tree Installation (locally grown native specimens from King’s Tree Farm)
• Basic Adult/Pediatric CPR & AED
• Basic First Aid
Dry Laid Stone Construction Services included but not limited to:
• Freestanding Walls
• Retaining Walls
• Historical Restoration & Preservation
• Flatwork – Patios / Walkways / Steps / Stairs
• Fire Pits
• Specialty Features
• Workshops – with an Onsite Training Center located in Hampstead Maryland.
• One – On – One / Homeowner project assistance
Typical Work Area
Hampstead Maryland Area ~ 40 miles from zip code 21074 or 45 min drive time. Some exceptions. Will do some further projects based on project size and budget
Images of Dry Stone Projects by Mark Jurus
Places Within Primary Work Area:
Hampstead MD, Greenmount MD, Manchester MD, White Oak Ridge MD, Armacost MD, Alma Meadows, Upperco MD, Westminster MD, Baltimore MD
Baltimore MD, Carroll MD