2.60 Contractors Intensive Workshop Overview:
This workshop includes 4 days of training and the DSWA-GB Level I (Initial) certification test on the final day.
The workshop will focus on the fundamental knowledge needed by professionals to build dry stone walls successfully and efficiently.
More Details Coming Soon
This workshop will first be offered Dec 2019, with plans to offer it in winter months.
This course is commonly taught at:
- A hardscape supply yard in New England (TBD)
More details coming soon.
- 5-day workshop.
- The first 4 days will run 9:00am-5:00pm with 1/2 hour lunch break.
- The 5 day, Certification day, will run 8:30-5:30
- What to bring: gloves, rain gear, safety glasses, water, and lunch. (There is no where close enough to buy lunch with in the lunch break)
- All tools needed are provided.
- Participants are encouraged to bring stone shaping tools they already own.
Detailed info will be emailed to you once you register including what to bring and directions.
Licensed Landscape Architects can receive up to 37.5 LA CES credits for participating in this workshop.
Workshop quick guide:
- New for 2019!
- Intended for the Landscaper, mason, or builder
- Includes Level 1 Certification Test
- 5-days: 9am-5pm (last day is longer)
- Ideal for professionals looking to learn a lot
- Typically offered in December
- Typical Cost $1250
Time lapse of a workshop equivalent to the 1st part of this workshop:
Landscape Architects can receive up to 37.5 LA CES credits for taking this workshop
Photos from workshops similar to 2.60 (photos from several locations)
All Upcoming Fundamentals (2.00) Level Courses
- 2.20 Retaining wall workshop 9/15/19
September 15, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- 1-day workshop attendance
Participants will learn how to maximize strength for a retaining wall while following the basic rules. Foundations, drainage, perforated pipe, filter fabric, geo-textiles and more are all discussed or demonstrated. This workshop is intended to give you the information to make wise decisions on your own projects. It is well suited for both homeowners and contractors.
- Fall Certification Test: Friday, 9/20/2019, Dummerston
September 20, 2019
8:15 am - 6:30 pm
- 1 Day attendance
Testing Levels Initial, Intermediate and Advanced (Part B). Friday, May 3, 2019. NOTE: You must hold the previous level certification to sign up for any test above level 1. THE REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS MONDAY, August 5th! NO LATE REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- 2.10 Wall Rebuild, Springfield VT
October 4, 2019 - October 6, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- 3-Day course attendance
Learn how to rebuild a historic field wall in a beautiful Vermont setting. Participants will be guided through all aspects of rebuilding a dilapidated field wall using the local field stone. This workshop is an excellent professionals, homeowners, hobbyists, or anyone interested in Dry Stone Walls.