The Stone Trust Center
707 Kipling Road
Dummerston, VT 05301
- From I-91, take exit 3.
- Very soon, you come to a roundabout. Take Route 5 south towards Brattleboro (Putney Road).
- At first stoplight, turn right onto Black Mountain Rd.
- At .6 mile (and after a very sharp S-curve), Black Mountain Road turns directly left. GO STRAIGHT ahead, the road becomes Kipling Road.
- Scott Farm (and The Stone Trust Center) is 1.5 miles from this intersection, on the left.
- Take second driveway left (after the house). Park in the lot, against the wall near the road.
- The Stone Trust Center is in the 1862 barn, behind the main house.
Park in the upper “parking lot” on the grass next to the stone wall boarding the road. This is on the far end of the lot from the 1862 barn.
The Center is the lowest level of the barn that says “1862” on the end. Enter the barn by walking around to pedestrian door on the back side (near overhead door), or enter through the former milkhouse on the lower level.
The address if using a GPS is 707 Kipling Road, Dummerston, VT 05301.
Using Public Transportation to get to the Stone Trust
The closest airport to fly into is Bradly International in Hartford CT. It is approximately a 1.5 hour drive away.
Boston MA Logan airport is about 2:15 hours drive away.
Burlington International Airport is 2:30 hours drive away.
Bus service is available to Brattelboro VT. The service is only a few times per day so planning will be needed. The bus stop is about 4.5 miles away from The Center. It is all uphill from the bus stop to The Center.
Public transportation is not provided directly to the Center, and The Stone Trust will not pick people up.
If not driving directly, we recomend renting a car to come to The Center. Some people have also biked to The Center after making it to Brattelboro by Bus, or used a taxi service.
The Center is in a rural area and participents will need to plan their own transportation ahead of time.