Pre-testing is the best way to prepare for your certification test. A pre-test consists of taking the test without the examiners (i.e. dismantling and rebuilding a test wall). This process allows candidates to familiarize themselves with the available stone and The Stone Trust Center. By pre-testing candidates can learn to adjust their speed, helping to ensure completion of test within the time requirement of 7 hours. It is important to note this will not be your highest quality work. Rather it is the work that you can produce in 7 hours, while still meeting the minimum marks required.
Pre-testing is currently for all levels. Pre-tests are self-guided; you will be in The Center by yourself or with other pre-test takers. There will be no instructors or examiners present. This is a time for you to evaluate your own work and time management. On the days leading up to a test date, there will often be one or more instructors on the premises who can answer occasional questions. Pre-testing provides relatively low cost access to practice with the stone used for testing. If you feel you need more instruction, we recommend you attend a workshop with one of our certified instructors. For further questions and scheduling a pre-test call Jared Flynn at (802) 579-6811
Policies specific to pre-tests:
- We are guests on the active and working Scott Farm, please be respectful of the farm.
- All pre-testers must bring their own tools and string lines.
- Level II pre-testers must bring their own batter frames.
- Batter frames for Level I should be left as found. Level II Batter frames set up by the pre-tester must be removed. All string lines must be taken down and removed.
- Any walls that you work on must be left in a completed state. Loose stone must be sorted and piled appropriately.
- All other test-taking Stone Trust policies apply.