About The Stone Trust NH
The Stone Trust NH in Mont Vernon, NH hosts walling workshops throughout the year. Located nearby to services and recreation, the training site is located amidst fields and woodland in historic Mont Vernon.The site includes multiple training walls that are periodically rebuilt in workshops as well as a number of dry stone features that are more permanent. Two free-standing training walls host multiple types of workshops. Quarried Stone from Alstead NH comprises the 40’ all while local NH fieldstone comprises the 65’ long training wall. A workshop fieldstone retaining wall was added in 2018 as well.A number of feature builds are more permanent at the site.
- Arched bridge
- Tall garden wall
- Bee Keep (construction in process
- Curved Walls (Level 3 feature builds)
Additional elements being added in anticipation of 2021 workshops include 4 sets of steps/stairs and 12 flagging stations.
There are many national hotel chains in Merrimack, Manchester, and Nashua. The Merrimack hotels are 25 minutes from BVF, while others are approximately 30 minutes away. Both Manchester and Nashua have a wide variety of dining and entertainment options.
- Holiday Inn Express, Merrimack
- Woodspring Suites, Nashua
- Quality Inn, Merrimack
- An upscale option is the Bedford Village Inn in Bedford, NH.
- Horton’s Heron is a private pond retreat in Mont Vernon.
There are also camping options nearby including:
- Historic stone arch bridges in Hillsborough NH and surrounding area
- Shopping at Merrimack Outlet Mall or Mall of NH in Manchester
- Lamson Farm outdoor recreation area. This 250 acre historic town owned farm is a half mile from BVF.
- Forgot your lunch? Mont Vernon General Store is one mile away and makes great sandwiches
- New Boston (8 minutes)
- Molly’s Tavern & Restaurant (pub fare / American)
- Milford NH (12 minutes)
- Peterborough (30 minutes)
- Merrimack (25 minutes)
- Amherst (15 minutes)
2 Lamson Road, Mont Vernon, NH, 03057