Most years The Stone Trust hosts two certification test days, one in the spring and one in the fall. This year’s single test day falls on Friday September 18. Why not register now?
The Stone Trust provides access to and administers the Dry Stone Walling Association of Great Britain’s certifications at its Center in Dummerston VT. The certifications consists of four certified levels: Initial, Intermediate, Advanced, and Master Craftsman. They are designed to ensure that dry stone wallers achieve the highest standards of craftsmanship. The difference in standards for dry stone walling between good and bad work is significant. Hiring certified wallers provides a basis of quality work.
Why get certified?
- Gives you a known standard for your quality of work
- Provides clients with assurances of your capabilities
- Gives you professional credentials
- Improves your structural skills
- Increases your speed and efficiency
- Distinguishes you from the competition
- Increases your earning potential
How to prepare for your test:
Level 1: Depending on the amount of experience you have, you may need more or less preparation for this test. The Level 1 test has an average 90% pass rate. If you have questions please contact us.
Level 2: Most wallers, even experienced ones, need to do a lot of preparation in order to pass level 2. The Level 2 test has an average 60% pass rate. Don’t expect to be able to pass this without preparation. If you have questions please contact us.
- Completely read the Level 2 test page
- Take one of our Cheek End workshops on July 18 & 19 in Minneapolis, MN or August 1 &2 in Mont Vernon, NH or
- Take a Pre-Test to practice.
- Take a Test Prep Workshop on August 16 or September 12.
- Take a 2nd Pre-Test to make sure you’re ready.
- Rest the day before the test, sleep plenty and eat well.
NOTE: You must hold level 1 certification to sign up for level 2.
Level 3 & 4: Upper level tests take lot of preparation in order to pass. Make sure to read all you can about the test and talk to as many wallers as you can who are already certified at that level. Pre-testing is invaluable! If you are considering taking an upper level test please get in touch with us for additional information.
NOTE: You must hold the previous level certification to sign up for any test above level 1.