The Windham Regional Career Center and the Stone Trust are partnering to make sure that Windham County cultivates and trains the best dry stone wallers on the continent. The jointly sponsored WRCC Stone Trust Dry Stone Walling Spring 2020 begins March 3 and runs through May 16.
Former TST board president Peter Welch describes the course in his YouTube video Career Center Stone School.
Participants engage 30 hours of on-site training, 6 hours of classroom instruction and a full day of DSWA Level I certification testing. The DSWA training is valuable in a variety of construction and landscape architecture trades and The Stone Trust provides the opportunity to advance your craft with Professional Members and some renowned Masters in the field.
Students who complete the program earn an Industry Recognized Credential, engage in a one day job shadow and networking event sponsored by The Stone Trust and receive essential rock shaping tools and dry stone guide book.
Registration & Cost: $650 covers cost of credentialing, dry stone tools and textbook.
Registration deadline is February 27, 2020.
Funding is available. Please contact Drew McDowell, Director of Adult Education at the Windham Regional Career Center for information about funding/scholarship options.
- Indoor classes at The Windham Regional Career Center (Brattleboro, VT)
- Tuesdays, March 3th, 10th & 17th, 2020
- 6:00pm to 8:00pm
- Weekdays at The Stone Trust (Dummerston, VT)
- Tuesdays, March 24th, March 31st, April 7th, April 14th, April 28th, 2020
- 5:30pm to 8:30pm
- Weekends at The Stone Trust (Dummerston, VT)
- Saturdays April 11th & May 9th, 2020
- 9:00am to 4:30pm
- Test day: May 16th (Dummerston, VT)
- 8:00am to 5:30pm
- If needed, detailed directions for registering online are here.